Thank goodness the 70+ degrees have hit and spring is close to officially arriving on March 20th (that also happens to be my oldest sons birthday, just FYI). Can I get a “WA-HOOOO!!!” Which means, I am ready to incorporate some spring-like looks into my makeup and hair!
Here are 3 fun ways to get into the spring mood…popsicles and blooming flowers are a good start…
I know you might be thinking, “this looks like a kids hairdo,” or, “I do this out of necessity when I’m washing my face before bed??” But trust me, this is super cute, super spunky and super easy when done right…
1. Take the front section of your hair back towards your ear and pull it straight up towards the ceiling.
2. Tease the back of this sectioned off hair a bit to give some volume.
3. Twist that small ponytail upwards until it starts to coil down on top of your scalp.
4. Secure with a small elastic (I did use my daughter’s small clear hair elastic!).
5. Pull a few hairs up and out of the crown of head to give it a slightly messy look and secure with a bobby pin or two around the bun to keep to head.
And yes, even you short haired gals can pull this off and it looks pretty rad, see visual here at treasuresandtravelsblog.com.
How to wear bright eyeliner :
1. Apply a light brow bone color, matte preferably, I used “Strange” from my UD naked 3 palette.
2. Apply a neutral shade of shadow from lash to crease. I used a golden neutral shade from the same palette, “Trick.”
3. Then line only the upper lash line with your favorite bright eyeliner and create a slight flick at the edges of the eye. Don’t worry if it looks a little thick at the ends, we will fix that in the next step. I used this NYX waterproof extreme shine eyeliner in “Sunrise Blue.” (these are some of my fave fave drugstore liners, so soft, so pigmented!)
4. To make that flick even wispier, use this slanted bristled brush to pull the color up towards the ear to get that thin flick that tapers off.
5. *Extra Step* I secured my eyeliner even further with a matching stay proof shadow on top with the same brush, L’Oreal Infallible eye shadow in “Midnight Blue.” This is a most GORGEOUS shade of blue with a hint of shimmer that makes an incredible navy smokey eye too – I need to do a future blog post on this one!
I love that Vivian and I can now pull off the same hairdo – she thought this was awesome, and honestly, this ‘do is going to be on replay for a lot of this spring and summer bc it’s just so darn easy to pull off!! If you don’t follow me on Instagram yet (go HERE!) you will see that my middle son got in on the beauty post action and added a special something to my top knot from our garden after we ended shooting!
Will you incorporate any of these fun and easy looks into your spring routine? Let me know your favorites (or even which ones you think I might be crazy for!)
**If you’re not already a JennySue Makeup subscriber, it’s EASY PEEZY. Just click on my subscriber email list on the right of this blog >>> in the box just by entering in your email address. You’ll get updates whenever a new post goes up so you don’t miss a beat! I’ve got a lot of good beauty stuff coming up so be sure to get on board. I promise not to flood your inbox, I do about 3-4 posts a week.**