When I think beach wavy hair and bronzed skin, a Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover immediately pops into my head. Swim ready body aside, (oh geez, is it realllly time for that??) I am completely on board with getting the feeling of summer into my style because I’m so tired of all of the dreary rain here in Georgia! Bring on the sunshine.
I will first start with HAIR. I saw a video on Sephora.com on how to get beach waves with no irons or tools and where it happens while you sleep…done! So I gave it a try and it was super easy, and actually worked. Ok, so I didn’t turn out looking like Chrissy Teigen, but hey, give me points for trying! Image via TravelChannel.com
Disclaimer : I took one for the team on these photos because I shot them right after waking up – zero makeup! But don’t worry, the makeup and bronzed skin will come later:)
The waves looked more like curls right after releasing them but turned into waves as the day wore on as you’ll see in the future photos below. The beauty of this hair do is that I literally took a shower after my kids fell asleep then while it was still wet all I did was…
- run a dab of my Living Proof Perfect Hair Day treatment throughout my hair (blog post here)
- parted my hair down the center of my head
- took one side and coiled it backwards until it rolled up into a small bun
- secured it with a thin elastic and one bobby pin to keep it flush against my head
- repeat on the other side
- went to sleep
- woke up, took out elastics and bobby pins
- voila, imperfect beach waves!
- right underneath the cheekbones starting from top of the ear towards mouth,
- sides of the nose,
- around the hairline and perimeter of face,
- and don’t forget the neck that never sees the sun because it’s blocked by your chin!