Coachella. The ultimate modern day music and arts festival…that’s also part runway show. Ladies are dressed up in the best hippie chic duds a girl can get (think Free People!), headbands and hats a plenty, and lots of fringe. If I had to guess, it seems like a contemporary Woodstock but with a much higher price tag to enter (obviously since that was 46 years ago, ha!).
So I’m going to throw it back to the feel of that original music festival with an ad inspiration circa 1969 that could totally work for todays Coachella.
Plus some of my past blog posts that can help you get this look…
(1) EYE MAKEUP :: Her green eyes just pop off the page wearing this gorgeous lavender eye makeup. Luckily, purples and lavenders flatter EVERY eye color. Yay! And I JUST created a super similar look on the blog that you can copy from my original post, Amethyst Eye Makeup Look.
(2) BIGGER HAIR :: Now her hair is a bit exaggerated for the ad, but I do think that big waves or curls are perfect for a music festival vibe. Wearable waves can be easily created with the Conair You Curl Wand here, $21 that I used on my own naturally straight hair shown in the picture below. (Original blog post here if you’re interested in this camo look and dying to know what hot pink lip I’m sporting! )
(3) PHAT LASHES :: Yes, I used fat with a ph to describe the Twiggy like lashes in the ad inspiration. And this look can be achieved (without falsies!) by using the ah-mazing Physicians Formula Lash Extension Kit I did a video tutorial on here. My before and after lashes will shock and amaze below!
(4) NUDE GLOSSY LIPS :: For eyes as dramatic and colorful as we are copying, you need to use a more neutral but super glossy lip to balance out. Try this lip plumping Buxom Lip Polish in “Dolly”, $19 that I can’t get enough of. (Original blog post here).
(5) FLOPPY HAT :: So a big mass of curls isn’t your thing but you want a head accessory. What screams music festival more than this oversized floppy hat, $32 like mine?! (Original blog post the same as above here.)