You can get anything delivered to your doorstep these days – groceries, clothing, makeup (yay!), and now jewelry! And for an insanely busy mom like myself, these types of small luxuries where I don’t have to physically walk in a store to do shopping of any kind, saves me a lot of time and effort. I mean, my 9 and 7 year old boys are not exactly the ideal shopping companions, Ha!
So I was super pumped to get my first delivery of Rocksbox! Rocksbox is a membership-based jewelry styling service. Members pay a flat rate of $19/month to get access to a personalized rotating closet of designer jewelry, sent in sets of three at a time. It’s kind of like Christmas when you open up your box for the first time to see what shiny things you got! I don’t know about you, but jewelry is the EASIEST way for me to switch up my look – well that and different bold colored lipsticks:)
When you sign up for Rocksbox, you simply fill out a style profile with your preferences, then they mail you your three pieces (usually earrings, bracelet, and a necklace so you have a variety) based on your profile and likes. After answering my first questionnaire (which was actually quite fun to fill out – I’m a nerd when it comes to questionnaires about my style, I love it), here is what I received in my little square box…
1. Slate Layered Chain Cuff
2. Perry Street Olivia Necklace
3. Gorjana Axel Drop Earrings
This is the deal in a nutshell :
- They offer amazing design houses to choose from like House of Harlow, Kendra Scott, Trina Turk, etc.
- You wear your pieces for as long as you want, then send them back with the prepaid shipping label. You can also give feedback about each piece you receive by rating/reviewing the boxes on line.
- The more feedback you give, the quicker your next box comes (or so I’ve heard – this was my first delivery.)
- Once you are a subscriber, you also get $10.00 in Shine Spend each month. Shine Spend is money you earn from referrals OR subscribing, that you can use to purchase the pieces in your box if you just can’t live without the accessory!
- Month to month, you can request specific pieces for your box. The stylist really listens to your preferences and tastes. I personally picked the bracelet I got but the other two were surprises.
Overall, my first box was a hit because I loved the two out of three pieces. The earrings weren’t quite what I’m used to wearing (I die for big obnoxious hoops and baubles, not delicate dangly earrings) but the cuff and necklace were exactly my style. The good news is, I can wear these pieces a few times, then return them and get new stuff without repeating my look!
Here’s the fun part! I have a special code for my readers if you would like to try RocksBox for FREE for the first month! Just enter this code at checkout after signing up on Rocksbox.com >>> CODE : jennysuemakeupxoxo
If you take advantage of it, let me know what you think of Rocksbox and what piece blew your sox off!!
*I will be receiving 3 boxes in exchange for reviews so you will surely be seeing what else they have to offer in upcoming blog posts.*