According to the Fashionista.com, the 70’s and boho chic look is definitely going to be an upcoming trend for Fall 2015. I used to be a southeast account executive years ago for the brand Free People, which is the epitome of this look (also think Anthropologie), so I am very familiar with the vibe it gives. Easy, carefree, not too fussy, and loose, is basically what comes to mind when I think boho-chic!
Granted it’s still hot as all get out here in Georgia, but I wanted to show what type of beauty look one would pair with this trend once cooler weather hits. You know, loosely layered tie dyed materials, army greens and other neutrals shades, while wandering through nature…aka, my back yard:)
Here are 5 ways to nail that bohemian beauty look once your outfit is on:
1. HAIR – undone and slightly messy. I actually chose not to wash my hair (not completely weird, I usually try to go 2-3 days) and haphazardly threw it up in a small top knot on the top of my head with an elastic and a few bobby pins. Done. No curling irons, hairspray, nothing. I even let the flyaways have their moment:)
2. HEAD DECOR – Add a skinny headband or a felt wide brimmed hat for bonus points. I actually tied my ChannLu wrap bracelet around my forehead, and it worked! Here is a similar floppy hat style to the one I’m wearing. Wool hats are a must have for cool fall weather!
3. WARM EYES – They key here is to keep it simple. I filled in my brows but tried not to make them too perfect – the wilder and bushier the better. I used my favorite orange based brown shadow by MAC in “Uninterrupted” and applied in my crease and along my lower lash line, then added and a warm gold shadow in the center of my eye bed from Stila in “Oasis.” No eyeliner, just lots of black mascara.
4. FLUSHED CHEEKS & SIMPLE SKIN – This is where the look really comes together!! You want to not look too done up, so a tinted moisturizer is enough for the skin. Then you want to look like your cheeks are windblown, so you apply a bit more cream blush than normal! Cream because it looks more natural than powders. I used my theBalm “How Bout Them Apples” Palette, and mixed the “crisp” and “caramel” shades together for a warmer apricot look. I like to add a shimmery highlighting stick along tippy tops of my cheekbones, like this iT Cosmetics Luminizing Anti-Aging Stick, (LOVE IT!!), to make my skin look dewy and fresh.
5. NEUTRAL LIPS – Goes without saying, a neutral lip works easily to finish this boho beauty look. I’m wearing the “caramel” shade from the above theBalm palette then added on top, one my fave nude NYX butter glosses (blogged here) in “fortune cookie.”
Additional style details: Top, from local Athens GA boutique, Encore. Layered jewelry is always a plus and my gold midi rings are Kendra Scott, $70, and my skinny bar lariat necklace is Nordstrom, $18.
SHOP THE POST BELOW
Will YOU be rocking the bohemian look this fall??