I am a sucker for tee shirts. I probably own around 20 of them. And as much as I do like getting all dolled up, I have to be comfortable in whatever I am wearing in order to be a better mom!! And that usually means incorporating a tee in my everyday style.
So this Friday I am sharing with you a few easy ways to style a simple boyfriend tee shirt like this one from Old Navy (now on sale for only $9! what?!) and ripped jeans, and make them look a bit more fabulous! (Note, on the tee, I sized DOWN for a more fitted feel to an XS when I am usually a small)
- Put on heels. Taking off flats and throwing on a high heel is about the easiest way to look longer, leaner, and dressier. Since I’m still wearing a cotton tee, these Charles David caged booties are a great balance between heels and boots with a bit of a sexy feel! (psst, they come in black too!)
- Change your lip color. This is obvious since I am a beauty blogger first! I was wearing a neutral gloss in my plain tee pic, and then switched it up to a hot pink to give my all black outfit outfit a pop of color. You could easily add a red lip to get the same effect. I’m wearing my all time favorite and iconic bold pink lipstick, Nars “Schiapp.”
- Add more jewelry. Adding a little bling is a quick way to look fancier!! I added this long Kendra Scott necklace and a chunky silver cuff to liven up my look. My exact cuff is super vintage (old!) but here is a super cool similar cuff here.
- Switch to a clutch. My Gigi New York python cross body bag (c/o) shown is my new obsession. And yes I said cross body because it has a strap that can be worn casually across your body OR taken off to be a chic clutch as I show both ways above. And its slate grey color goes with EVERYTHING in my closet. My Vera Bradly big tote in my casual picture is what I cart my computer around in and take on air planes. It’s pretty fab too.
- Throw a jacket over your shoulders. My cropped leather moto jacket is also super vintage (10+ years old!) but is the perfect way to add a little interest to your outfit. Similar style available here.
SHOP MY LOOK DETAILS :
Feel free to take this style advice and use it to transform your look this weekend! Do you have any favorite ways to fancy up a tee shirt and jeans look? I would love to hear them! Happy Happy Friday everyone!!
**Don’t forget to enter my UNT Giveaway before it’s over on Sunday**
(Photos taken by Molly of Hey There Sunshine blog. Check her out!!)