Let’s talk about one of my favorite things. Lip products. I paint my pout everyday, she is rarely ever left bare. So I figured it was time to share the love I currently have for some of my favorite lip colors right now.
Because let’s be honest, even if you can’t figure out eyeliner or contouring, you can easily figure out how to swipe on a pretty lip product. It’s like putting the icing on the cake. It’s the perfect finishing touch to your face.
I hope it’s helpful to see which lip colors I love (drugstore & department store) and that get rotated over and over again in my purse…
- butter London Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in “Trout Pout,” $20 – the prettiest punch of coral I’ve ever seen. I love this lipstick/stain/gloss/balm – it covers every lip product on the market all in one! When I want to feel happy, I reach for this color.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Lip Gloss in “Peonine,” $30 – everyone has that one lip gloss that they know will go with whatever outfit they throw on that day. This one is that shade for me. It’s got just enough color (mauvey- pink) and subtle shimmery reflections, that it makes my lips look like a better form of themselves. The sunflower seed oil in it makes me want to keep applying it because it feels so hydrating!
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil “Dragon Girl,” $26 – when I wear red, I want to wear RED. No meek subtle reds need apply. This pencil from Nars has been a favorite of mine for a couple of years and it gets noticed! It screams powerful, matte, and pure sophistication. And it looks good on every skin tone – trust me. I’ve used it on the fairest of fair and darkest complexions, and it shines bright on them all.
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color in “Nude Ballet” $8.99 – Remember, this is one of the shades Kim Kardashian’s makeup artist used for her during her wedding to Kanye West – that’s right! If it’s a good enough nude for Kim K, well then it’s good enough for me. And it’s drugstore priced so you can’t NOT try it! I love the feel of this silky gloss that is opaque like a lipstick.
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in “Sangria,” $4.50 – I go for this one every fall because of it’s bordeaux color with a deep hint of grape. It looks very purple in the tube but goes on more wine-like and feels like an expensive lip product but isn’t!
(My splatter paint envelope clutch is c/o Vera Bradley and the sunglasses are through the designer sunglass subscription Ditto.com and are the Elizabeth and James “Lafayette” style. Sunglasses and lipstick go together like peanut butter and jelly.)