I remember reading an article not too long ago that made an impression on me about how the most potent anti-aging practices are the ones we can do ourselves. And that nothing will replace the constant stimulation of youthful genetic programs that you can get from using a good anti-aging topical every day (creams, serums, lotions, etc). Wish I had known this in my early 20’s! In walks my plethora of Paula’s Choice Skincare products picked out just for me in collaboration with Pretty In My Pocket after my personal skin consultation via phone call with a REAL person from the brand! Here’s a look at my current skincare routine I’ve been using over the past 3 weeks…
Now I know it’s not realistic to turn back the clock when it comes to my skin with topical creams and serums like some skin care companies try to get you to believe. But I have always been a true believer in prevention and keeping it from happening as fast as it could! I now preach this to even my youngest clients when they hire me for makeup consults, “Don’t forget your skincare because your makeup will only perform and looks as good as it can on clean clear skin!”
After chatting with the nicest skin care consultant ever (felt like we were BFF’s when we were done!) she chose the Resist Super Kit for me after hearing I have DRY SKIN and my main concern being WRINKLES!! Luckily Paula’s Chocie sends you an info sheet with instructions on how to apply along with your products, plus these nifty little stickers you apply on them to remind you what goes on when!!!
Here’s short descriptions of what I have been applying on a daily basis :
1. Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser – love this lightweight creamy cleanser. I add it to my Clarisonic cleansing system of course and use it morning and night.
2. Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner – ok so I used to be a non-toner believer. Thought it was just an unnecessary step but after speaking with a local esthetician friend of mine who I trust, and asking her to give me the down low on toners, she said “BE a believer!!” When used right after cleansing with a cotton pad consistently (no rinsing it off)it helps to balance skins pH while ensuring a thorough cleanse. Sounds good to me!
3. Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment with 5% AHA – I squirt a dime sized drop of this alpha hydroxy acid and apply it after my toner which is supposed to be a daily exfoliant (no yucky harsh beads though).
* Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA – basically a more high powered version of my 3rd step that I only use once a week. *
4. Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum – this is my favorite product of the bunch to apply because it feels so yummy and silky on my skin. It’s a concentrated Vitamin C serum and I swear it’s working magic.
5. Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 25 – this is the last step for my daily routine and such a bonus with that high amount of SPF included which helps to keep away the dreaded age spots!!
* Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer With Retinol – only used at night time (bc Retinol can be sketchy and make your skin sensitive when used during the daylight hours) this is applied all over my face and neck.*
Yes yes I realize this sounds like a lot of steps and products to be doing every day, but I believe I’m doing my 37 year old skin a disservice by skipping all of these necessary steps to prevention. And honestly, after doing all of these steps for a week it becomes HABIT, a good one!! None of these products have any scent whatsoever and are cruelty free, just FYI.
In addition to my lovely new skincare products, they sent me their The Nude Matte eye shadow palette, $40. I was skeptical because of the lightweight cardboard magnetic closure case that felt, um, not so high end, more drugstore because of it’s packaging. But this was the ultimate lesson in, don’t judge a book by it’s cover!! These shadows are highly pigmented and oh so beautiful!!!
Here’s how I used this palette of 11 matte shades + 1 single shimmery shade to create this eye makeup look! I of course did use an eyelid primer beforehand like always, old habits die hard.
1. Ivory all over lid.
2. Shimmery champagne shade from lashes to crease and in the tear duct area.
3. Mixed the two light brown shades (3 & 3) together to outline my crease.
4. The darkest brown shade was to line underneath my lower lash line.
5. Soft black shadow was applied over my black pencil liner on upper lash line.
By the way, doesn’t my skin look pretty awesome with only a BB cream & concealer applied plus my new shadows??! All thanks to Paula’s Choice!!
I am a new loyal fan of Paula’s Choice after using their amazing skin care items and this shadow palette (it’s been around since 1995 by the way). As part of the Power Primper team for Pretty In My Pocket, I am so grateful to have be introduced to this brand and try out their products.
You too can take advantage of their products that can be individualized specifically to your skin care needs and get my favorite product of them all, the Super Antioxidant Serum (cute pic of me on the PRiMP app above right??) at 20% off by using the code PRIMP20 at checkout!! Be sure to download the free PRIMP app here too!
Have you ever tried anything from Paula’s Choice?
*This is a Sponsored Post through Paula’s Choice and Pretty In My Pocket. All opinions and results are honest and my own as always.*