The little white summer dress.
Every gal needs one. A pretty little white dress that shows off your summer tan. My summer tan happens to be that of the spray tan kin… the safe kind! (Remember this fun video about my first spray tan?)
I have been loving the off the shoulder trend as I have been trying SO hard to work on getting my arms to have some type of definition at the gym since Christmas, and I think it’s finally paying off. I found this feminine and comfy white dress at Charlotte Russe and it was only $32. What what?!! You gotta love affordable basics.
What to pair with your white dress.
The great thing about a white sundress – any shoe goes. I paired it with fun floral print heels here, because I thought the feet are a great place to add a colorful print! And what is more girly than flowers + pumps?? But I have also worn it with simple metallic flat sandals! White is so versatile you can wear it with anything. Even cork wedges look super cute!
White hot makeup to match.
Why not keep going with the white theme and create a white sparkly eye look?? It is simple to create :
- Take a white eye liner pencil (try NYX “milk” jumbo pencil) and trace around the tear duct area and color in up to the middle of the upper lid and slightly along the lower lash line. Don’t forget the inner waterline either! You want those eyes to POP white!
- Add a neutral warm taupe shadow from the middle of the upper lid and take outwards to the outer corner of eyes.
- Then a loose light colored shimmer shadow, like this BareMinerals “nude beach” (I have been using this shade for YEARS, it’s beautiful) and layer right on top of the white eyeliner.
- I left off eyeliner but added Ardell Lashes in style Demi Wispies and then took a black liquid liner and dotted in between the lash clumps to fill in any flesh showing through.
- A white hot skin highlight like Benefit’s Watts Up was traced along my upper cheekbones to give me some glow.
- Finished the look with a matte baby pink lipstick, NYX soft matte lip cream in “Istanbul.”
HAVE YOU SEEN MY NEW INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT??
Please follow along with my new account, @JSMMINUTE, that is taking advantage of the new 60 second video option, and my #JSMminute is now a legit 1 minute long on this platform and that’s it! Would love to see you there and hear from you what you’d like to see on there 🙂