Deep blue eye makeup certainly makes a dramatically bold statement.
The color commands attention no doubt. But don’t let the idea of blue eye makeup give you flashbacks of Mimi from the Drew Carey Show. If you’re not familiar with this popular blue eyeshadow wearing character, you can click here to get a visual. She murdered the blue eye makeup game and gave it a bad wrap.
I wore this smoky blue shadow look while recently down in Miami for Swim Week. I had so much fun pairing it with my spunky braided hairdo done by the talented Tresemme team while I was there along with my flouncy 2 piece top and shorts/skirt combo! Now obviously this outfit look probably won’t fly back here at home in my college town, but I certainly will be wearing this deep blue eyeshadow look again for my next date night with my hubby.
Now let me make something crystal clear.
Yes I know that shades of blue like turquoise, or light blue, or electric blue are difficult and scary for some people to pull off. But this shade of blue does not deserve to be called hard-to-wear. A deep blue, like navy or cobalt blue, is a sophisticated and very wearable shade of blue.
Here’s how I did it :
- Start with primed eyes. (I used this Nars one)
- Apply blue liner all over your upper and lower lash line. This will make your blue or navy eye shadow really pop! Don’t forget to line that inner waterline too for extra drama. (I used Urban Decay 24/7 liner in “Abyss”)
- Take a fluffy tapered shadow brush and your favorite blue or navy shadow and swipe it all on top of your blue liner. (I used the deep blue from this it Cosmetics palette from here)
- Using a different clean brush, sweep deep brown shadow above the crease. ( I used MAC shadow in “saddle.”)
- Blend the two colors, concentrating on diffusing the edges and making a seamless transition.
- Add false lashes and lots of mascara on tops and bottom to finish off the boldness! ( I am wearing Esqido mink lashes in “BFF”)
Shop the rest of my look :
Shop the rest of my makeup :
Cheeks – MAC blush “pinch o peach” (one of my fave pink blushes of all time, it’s actually not peach, not sure why they named it that!) // Lips – NYX butter gloss “strawberry cheesecake” // Foundation – Estee Lauder Double Wear // Concealer – it Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to check out my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale posts >>