Becca Cosmetics Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector // Pixi By Petra Lower Lash Mascara // Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment // Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner in “Indigo” // Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
We all have those handful of beauty products that we reach for often.
(Please excuse the ugliness of my orange sponge for how dirty it looks. It’s actually been washed! I know this isn’t the pristine and perfect product flatlay most are used to in the blog world, but hey, it is real life and shows you how much love I have for it and that I actually use it :))
I have not done a roundup of personal beauty faves in awhile so I figured with it being the end of the month, it was a perfect time to reflect on what they were!
And since we are leaving August, I can’t go without wishing my sweet Vivian who turned 6 years old a Happy Birthday this month on my blog. This photo above was from her birthday dinner we took downtown to her favorite pizza place. And her paper crown was given to her by her 1st grade teacher while at school and she didn’t take it off until bedtime. I just love this sweet and kind little soul so much!! And even though she is 6, I am going to hold her as long as I physically can!!!
5 Daily Favorites.
In my line of work as a mua (makeup artist) and a beauty blogger, I’m constantly trying out new products that come to me via mail or that catch my eye while in Target…when I’m actually supposed to just be buying garbage bags!. There are always hits and misses, but some stand above the rest and become favorites.
Today I am sharing with you the ones that get reached for the most in my daily routine of painting on my face…
- Becca Cosmetics Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, $36 : Even though I am considered the professional when it comes to makeup, I do learn a lot of from other people and even clients!! I was introduced to this product maybe a year ago by a client who when I did her makeup said I could use whatever I wanted to on her face but I HAD to use her Becca primer. She said it was the only primer that really kept her makeup on and shine free throughout the day. Well I had the pleasure of working with her a 2nd time just recently and she had it with her again!! I had to try this for myself since she was such a huge fan. And you know what – it works like a charm. Tricky stuff though because it goes matte and dries real fast once it is on your skin so you have to move quickly to get it even!! And you only need a tiny bit to warm in between your hands and then I pat it onto my skin instead of rubbing. If you use too much, it gets chalky looking. I find my foundation stays a lot longer now once i use it and I do not get shiny whatsoever thoughout the day.
- Pixi by Petra Lower Lash Mascara c/o, $11 : I just recently was gifted this mascara maybe a week ago by the Pixi brand but I’m already labeling it a favorite. It is seriously the thinnest mascara wand I have ever seen. Which makes it perfect for those very small barely there lower lashes! Top lashes, not so much, but bottom for sure! It coats each hair so evenly and precisely and doesn’t get all over my lower eye bed when I try to swipe it on like my normal sized wands do. I also think if you struggle with thin short eyelashes on top AND bottom then this could work good for you.
- Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Wand, $28 : This creamy luminizing wand for the face is made to capture and reflect light off the skin to give you that ethereal angelic look! I have become obsessed with this stick because I feel it brightens up my skin so well instead of everything being flat and matte. It’s got shea butter and argan oil in it so it’s awesome for my dry skin and the coloring of it is a great balance of golden and champagne so it can really work for all skin tones. I apply it right above my cheek color and ini the cupids bow of my lips.
- Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner in “Indigo,” $22 : I chose in this liner is what gets me. The indigo is a deep peacock blue and is just so gorgeous!! It would look great on any eye color. It also does what it says it will and stays all.day.long! The pen is super easy to use and I can layer it in a thin line or a thick one. You can see me wearing it in my recent Instagram post HERE.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, $11 : I own a Beauty Blender sponge, and am obsessed with it so I was skeptical about this cheaper $7 one I found at Ulta. But I had heard so many great things about it I figured what have I got to lose. And the answer is, I lost nothing but gained an absolutely fabulous sponge!! I would go so far as to say I like this one better than the $20 beauty blender honestly. It’s flat edge side along with its curved tip makes for getting your makeup on a breeze and so easy to get in the crevices of your face and under your eyes. It is soft and pliable just like the blender too and not like the harder knockoff versions (which yes I have bought before off Amazon and been very disappointed in!).