My mom uniform : A tee shirt + jeans.
It sounds like a mundane and boring combo I know, but it really doesn’t have to be that way at all!
Now I’m not saying you should revive your old sorority tee shirt from college you worked out in every week. Those are better left in storage boxes if you’re 17 years post college like myself…wink wink;)
But a concert/graphic tee and jeans are a definite DO! Just like this Van Halen one for $12 and these gray jeggings I’m styling here in this post. (Were you a Sammy Hagar fan or a David Lee Roth fan??)
I have recently been introduced to American Eagle’s denim and jeggings, and I am obsessed. Their prices are amazing and their fit is also great! I always thought this brand was all about the teens, but not so! Even this almost 40 mama can rock them.
In fact, I think that a tee shirt + jeans can actually give off an innately cool vibe and come off as anything but plain! Just like anything you wear in life, you just gotta own it and decorate it!!
From unexpected accessories such as sparkly statement earrings to animal print clutches, this is how you could easily & quickly turn your everyday jeans and tees into looking extraordinarily cool…
Tips for adding onto the look :
- Add a statement with SPARKLY EARRINGS – fancy baubles immediately take a casual look from drab to fab! Mine are super vintage (old!) but here are some similar ones from Bauble Bar.
- Layer with a CHAMBRAY SHIRT – you can tie it around your waist or wear it as a light weight jacket. Here are some chambray options here and here.
- Dress it up with HEELS – adding height to your shoes makes your legs appear longer. Who doesn’t like that?? I’m wearing these block heeled Steve Maddens that literally go with everything! The block heel makes it a little more casual than a stiletto heel, but either heel would work. This Vince Camuto pair is also a good style that comes in a gazillion color choices!
- Switch out that everyday handbag for an ANIMAL PRINT CLUTCH – animal prints are neutrals in my opinion, and look fierce with a graphic tee! This one from Nordstrom is only $45 and is an absolute must have for any wardrobe!!
- Top of the look with a BOLD LIP + SUNNIES – I chose a purple lip that actually matched the graphic in my tee, NYX soft matte lip cream in “Seoul” but you can wear a red or hot pink lip, just have fun with your makeup as well! And of course, everyone looks like a rock star in big sunglasses. No eye makeup skillz necessary when you’re wearing sunglasses! I’m wearing these Prada ones but here is a much more Forever21 affordable pair here.
If you are interested in some of my other favorite concert tees, you can shop these options below…