I could happily spend HOURS browsing the aisles of Sephora.
But I won’t be completely happy until I leave with something NEW in hand!
However, the sticker shock of some of those beauty products can be disheartening when you go grab them off the shelf. Like that gorgeous jar of magical skincare cream that costs as much as your heating bill for the month of Janaury.
But don’t worry your pretty little heads ladies, this post isn’t going to leave you depressed about what you can’t afford at Sephora. But what you CAN afford!
I’ve put together a well thought out list of 10 of the top rated items that you can find at Sephora for under $20. (Okay tax might add a little, but you already knew that right??)
I cover beauty products ranging from your skin, to your lips, nails, and everything in between. Happy Shopping my friends!
- Play! By Sephora Monthly Subscription Box, $10 a month : This might be my favorite item of the list and so I’m starting off with a bang. This is a monthly box exclusively by Sephora that is filled with 5 stellar samples of new and best selling products delivered to your door. They use the answers in your Play! profile to determine which version of the box is best for you! I’m not sure there’s many other monthly boxes that you can only pay 10 bucks for – I bet it would make a killer birthday gift for a special friend, mom, sister, etc.
- Nails Inc 45 Second Top Coat, $15 : Raise your hand if you have ZERO time in your life to let your nails dry?! Me me me!! However, I love to paint my own nails because I change my color so often and just don’t have the time to go get a manicure every other week. This top coat guarantees to leave you not only with dry nails in less than one minute, but they’ll be REALLY glossy looking when its done!
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, $20 : This liquid eyeliner has been my favorite for a loooong time. Liquid liner is notoriously known for smearing or not staying in place, which is just tragic when you just want a sharp fierce winged eye!! But not this stuff – no ma’am. It STAYS where you draw it. Just try to smear or smudge it once it dries for one minute. You’ll never want to wear another liquid liner. Only bummer, it only comes in brown and black right now. Fingers crossed for more colors soon in this formula!!
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Mini Travel Compact, $19 : If you know anything about the Becca brand, you know they’re REALLY good at making the skin look its best. And this is one of their bestselling, creamy, highlighter powders that now comes in a mini, travel-friendly compact. Which is great for ladies that don’t really wear as much makeup (as say I DO) and only want a little bit o shimmer but love a pretty skin highlighter. Try this one if you haven’t bought one lately, you won’t be disappointed. It comes in 4 shades, and my personal fave is the “Opal” which is a golden pearl. (they show each shade on 3 skin tones on the Sephora site from light to dark so you get a great idea of which one would give you what you’re looking for).
- Glitter Makeup Clutch, $18 (on sale!) : A makeup bag with a quirky slogan and gold glitter is an obvious choice for what to store you makeup in. Sephora teamed up with the professional MUA Angelique Velez on this line to spread the love that makeup is more than just a product, but an art form and you should have a little fun while wearing (and carrying) it! Second place goes to this cute one for the nail gals!
- The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion, $9.80 : You saw that right, an under $10 skincare product. I think the lack of fancy gimmicky packaging helps bring the cost down with The Ordinary brand. This formula in particular is great because it’s a solution for dull and uneven skin texture and helps with fine lines that lead into wrinkles. And it does this as a “stable serum emulsion of a next-generation retinoid active that achieves better reduction in visible signs of aging than retinol—without irritation.” And we all know how powerful retinols are for anti-aging!
- Fenty Beauty Universal Gloss Bomb Luminizer, $18 : Whether you’re a fan of Rihanna (the creator of her own beauty line Fenty) or not, there’s no denying that she knows what’s up when it comes to makeup. Hers is ALWAYS flawless. And she has created the ultimate sexy universal rosey nude lip gloss with explosive shine. Seriously, this is a must have product for ALL women of all ages that require a neutral lip gloss to have on hand when you just want a hint of color but a lot of sass!! I highlighted it on my Instagram here.
- Sephora Double End Crease & Shadow Brush, $20 : If you dislike having a bunch of eyeshadow brushes hanging around, then why not grab one that does two things in one brush??! When you speak on a category of “awesome beauty products,” you gotta at least include one awesome makeup brush. This one gets amazing reviews and can service your all over shadow color on one side and then accentuate the crease of your eye on the other side. Multi-functional at a great price for great quality.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, $20 : Literally one of the best matte liquid lipstick formulas out there and SO many beautiful shades to choose from. Personal faves being Double Dare (blush cocoa) and LoveSick (mauve nude). It’s staying power without getting crusty is a huge plus.
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25, $7.50 : Alert! Spring + Summer MUST HAVE. Any lip balm or conditioner that already contains an SPF is going to be a big winner for me. Because how many times come spring and summer, when you’re in the sun, do your lips get burned??? Mine forever do and so this super emollient lip balm is something to always keep in the car and in your purse. And it comes in a few yummy flavor and formula options like grapefruit and ginger or lemon and shea butter!
*My leopard clutch is from Nordstrom here, $45, if you’re interested. It’s a wardrobe staple for me!*