Little fact about me. I will not buy ANYTHING on Amazon if it does not have a 4 star review or higher. I will also NOT buy it if it doesn’t have any reviews at all to read through. I want someone else to have tried a product before me and let me know their thoughts, so I really like to see more than 20 reviews minimum.
Who knows how much time I spend reading through every little detail of everyones reviews before I actually push “add to cart.'” But I feel more confident in my purchases by doing this homework so it’s worth my time.
Recently I stumbled upon an article that popped up on my phone sharing that this certain popular mascara had been reviewed the most on Amazon. And me, being OB-sessed with making my lashes look as long as possible (without adding strip lashes or paying for $$ lash extensions) I knew I just had to go check this out for myself.
Welcome the Mia Adora 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara that has over 6,047 reviews + ratings on Amazon with a solid 4 star rating.
It is $19 and comes in a sturdy box with 2 tubes inside some pretty silk fabric encasing the tubes. Very nice presentation because I’m a sucker for packaging. This mascara claims it will deliver lots of volume and lengthening that can build your lashes up to 300%!
The thing that really locked me into try it was when it hit on the part in the description that as we age, our eyelashes become more short, thin and fragile. Amen. They say this is why they have so many repeat customers of mature women in their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. Well that’s me!
What you can expect from each tube. The first one that is responsible for steps 1 + 3 is a normal looking mascara tube with wand of paraben free non-toxic wet magnifying gel. The second tube consists of dry natural green tea fibers which is your step 2. It’s a 3 step process for doing your mascara, so there’s a level of commitment involved for the process but I was up for the challenge.
So could this mascara duo live up to these lofty claims? I took it for a spin so keep scrolling for my honest review and thoughts…
- The application instructions are very clear – as in down to how many strokes you should take when applying each formula. (see above) I got a little crazy in the beginning seriously counting my strokes because it seemed like a lot when I read it, but after doing the 15-20 strokes, I realized I kind of do that many already with my everyday mascara.
- Make sure you curl your natural lashes beforehand with an eyelash curler, it makes them EXTRA special dramatic! This is my go-to curler.
- You definitely need to let the fibers dry a bit after the first gel application before applying the 2nd gel application to lock them in.
- Unlike other popular mascaras that I wear that always seem to fade a bit during the day, this mascara does not budge. It looks JUST as good by dinner time as it did when I put it on with my morning coffee. This might be my favorite thing about it.
- It says you can easily remove with warm water but that’s not good enough for me. I have to use my everyday oil free eye makeup remover with a cotton pad and it takes it completely off.
- Don’t judge this mascara after the first use. I wasn’t completely impressed the first day. But I found it worked SO much better 3-4 days into using it. Maybe it took a little buildup on the wands to perform it’s best.
Shop the details of this post :
- It does clump a bit. But those clumps create fullness and volume for me so I don’t really mind it. I know some people hate clumpy mascara so if that’s not something you can handle, you won’t like this mascara.
- Also, some of the fibers will inevitably fall below into your eye beds – they’re loose FIBERS!! I read some snarky reviews about this issue, but lets all be realistic here, that’s gonna happen. Just put your concealer on AFTER you’ve cleaned up your eye beds, not a big deal.
- If you’re in a hurry to get ready, you probably won’t reach for this mascara and will use one of your old ones. It does take a bit of time to apply. But don’t some of the best things take time??
Overall, I am super impressed by this 3D fiber mascara and it gives me crazy full lashes which I love. Even my daughter comments to me when I wear this asking if I have on false lashes! It has not broken down my natural lashes with continued use which I did worry about. I have certainly bought other mascaras that cost more than $19 which didn’t give me near the amount of drama this one does. I’m a fan and will definitely buy this popular mascara again.
Speaking of Amazon, here are a few other beauty favorites I frequently reorder…
- this Collagen powder I add one scoop to my morning coffee everyday (for lubricating my joint, hair, skin and nails)
- these 24Karat collagen eye masks (for puffy dehydrated eye beds – they’re so cooling and comforting!)
- Thayers rose petal witch hazel with the spray nozzle (old school toner great for softening the skin and good for all skin types)
Do you wear mascara? Which ones do you swear by?