Your EYEBROWS are the FRAMEWORK of your FACE.
Period. Point Blank. Whatever you do, don’t ignore them!!
I harp and I harp and I harp on the importance of a nicely groomed fuller brow because I care and because they truly can make or break your entire face.
Okay so maybe ignoring them won’t actually break your face, but it certainly won’t do your face any favors.
As a makeup artist, it’s not odd to find me using multiple brow products on a client to get their eyebrows just perfect and as I like them.
However, when it comes to real life and real people that don’t have time to sit in a makeup chair but still want great looking brows without a lot of fuss, I have found a close to perfect product.
Introducing the Benefit Ka-Brow gel-cream brow color, $24. It’s pure magic and convenience in one little pot. Did I mention that it comes with it’s own angled wand brush that lives right in the cap?? That means no wondering around for your brush to use with it!
Watch my video for a short video tutorial on how I use it then keep reading!
SHOP THE PRODUCTS MENTIONED
Benefit is known for nailing the brow game with many of their brow products. With such popular ones like their ultra-fine pencil and their brow gel. Part of what I think Benefit does very well with is the range of brow shades/colors available – seriously a color for EVERYbrow.
But this Ka-Brow gel-cream brow filler is a great blend of achieving volume and easy shaping due to the formula and the included brush. The formula lends to giving you brows with serious volume if you want, or if you just slightly tap the brush in the pot for a hint of color, you can get more subtle brows. (I tend to go for more of the iconic bold brows a la Audrey Hepburn.)
Also, if you aren’t sure you want to dive into a $24 product just yet, no worries.
They offer a MINI version that is $14 and is a great way to try it out to make sure you like it. Since it’s highly pigmented, you only use a tiny bit at a time so the mini can last for months!
Recap on the steps I take to fill in my brows with this product as shown in the video…
- Brush brow hairs downward with a spoolie or eyebrow brush or toothbrush.
- After unsnapping the angled brush from the lid, you can use the wand short as is OR you can flip it around to snap into the base of the top for a longer handle. I like it shorter personally.
- Now dip it into the pot, start stroking the brush along the roots of your brow hairs and connecting them to create a line.
- Now take that spoolie again and brush the brow hairs back up to see the stencil you’ve created.
- Go under the brow hairs now to fill in with tiny short strokes and be sure to taper off the brow to a point (focus the tail towards the top of your ear.)
- I like to go back to the front of the brow and make a rectangular sort of shape to define it. But if you like a more natural un-structured look, this isn’t necessary.
- Go back and brush all product in one more time with your spoolie to make sure the eyebrows are completely filled in and product is evenly distributed.
- I always wipe the brush off with a Kleenex after each use so the product doesn’t build up too much then snap it back into the top.
Do you enjoy watching videos? If so and you want to see more tutorial videos like this, I’d love for you to go over and subscribe to my YouTube Channel here. It’s free and all you have to do is tap the little red subscribe button and you’re good to go. Or just leave me a comment below to let me know!
What are your favorite products for eyebrows? If you have any recommendations please share!