This is the most simple makeup tutorial I could share with you all, that I personally would be 100% comfortable going out in public wearing at 43 years old.
Seriously, this is a concise combination of the most effective yet natural-looking makeup formulas you can ask for…
If you have followed along with me for any length of time, you know I LOVE to wear makeup and LOTS of it.
But as a professional makeup artist and beauty YouTuber, I know that a FULL FACE of makeup, that takes upward of 20 minutes, just isn’t for everyone.
And I want to be able to inspire EVERYone when it comes to their makeup routine. There is art in simplicity and the complicated, but today we are focusing on the SIMPLE.
Watch this YouTube video below that I created for those that want quick + easy with as few steps as possible – but that achieves a polished look that doesn’t look boring and/or bare!
Then once you’ve watched the 10-minute video (the look should only take you 5 minutes to create, however), keep reading for links to the actual products I used to create this super natural look…
The products you would need to mimic this simple makeup look are all very affordable AND look amazingly natural on. Win-win makeup situation right??
Here they are listed in order of how I applied them in the video tutorial…
- Morphe Micro Brow pencil, $6. This skinny pencil is my holy grail and mimics tiny hairs when drawn on that look super realistic. Always do brows first – it can change the face in an instant and make you realize you need less makeup. (my video on brow secret tricks here)
- Pixi Brightening Skin Perfector, $18. This product replaces heavy foundation PLUS having the added bonus of skincare + makeup in one with the addition of vitamin C. It was crazy to watch it go from white to blurred skin color in seconds in the video right??
- Pixi Endless Shade Stick, $14 + Maybelline Rocket Volum mascara. When you don’t want to deal with a messy powder eye shadow palette, a cream shadow stick can be your best friend. Just swipe from lash line to your crease and blend in with a brush or finger and voila! Don’t forget the mascara – 2 coats since we are skipping eyeliner 😉
- It Cosmetics Perfecting Lighting Radiant Touch Wand, on sale for $15! (reg value $30). This is way lighter than a normal heavy concealer, but it lightens and brightens just enough and looks mega natural. This product reminds me of the iconic (but pricey) YSL Touche Eclat.
- Glossier Cloud Paint, $16 + ELF Putty Blush Brush, $4. This is one of the best cheek combos you can ask for. Applying with this awesome brush (seriously how can it only be $4 bucks??) distributes the cheek gel so beautifully to where it sinks right in for a flushed (not powdery) look!
- Burts Bees Tinted lip balm in “Rose,” $5. If you aren’t a lip gloss or lipstick gal, this is a fantastic alternative. It gives just the right amount of color that looks like your lips, just better, more hydrated + colorful. I also love the shade “dahlia” that’s a bit deeper red than the rose is.
If this tutorial helped you out with some ideas for a more simplified makeup routine, let me know in the comments. Or, if you’re not already, DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM @JENNYSUEMAKEUP AND ON YOUTUBE also! Would love to see you there!!