So my only question is, “Why wouldn’t we want to buy what these two fabulous guys are selling??”
- Scarlett Johansson is the face AND body of the new cosmetic line. The duo specifically wanted all the ads of her to include her whole body to show off Scar Jo’s curves that resemble a modern day Marilyn Monroe. And nothing says sexy like Marilyn did.
- The price points for the products are on up there. A tube of lipstick will set you back $30. This is pricier than even Dior and Chanel lipcolor!
- But there are good reasons behind the price tag: The packaging is done in a trademark gold color (the ultimate symbol of luxury), the lipstick will have an actual light rose scent to distinguish it from other lipsticks (most lipsticks are created to be scent-less), and the tube will click closed like an antique box! Wow – they thought of everything!
- A lot of the makeup names and descriptions are pulled from items that the duo loves, like “Stromboli” for their favorite isles, and “Dahlia” which is one of their favorite flowers. The “Dahlia” lipstick premiered at one of their fashion shows and was a stunning re-creation of the deep crimson color and surely to be a favorite.
- These guys obviously have their finger on the pulse of the female market, as their D&G brand of fragrances was one of the top three selling fragrances of 2008.
- Their line will be sold only at high end department stores in Milan, London, and at Saks Fifth Avenue in the U.S.
I’m sure this line will not disappoint and will be the ultimate in luxurious makeup. I trust Dolce & Gabbana to make my face a more sexier version of what God gave me.