I’m a huge fan of natural non-powdery looking blushes to give me that youthful dewy skin look, like Brittany Murphy has. Ever since her “Clueless” makeover, she has emerged as one of my makeup favorites!
There are many different types of formulas that blush can come in nowadays, and one of my favorites are cream blushes. Now cream blushes are mostly best for normal to dry skin types. That means if you are typically oily, it’s probably not your best option beccuase it’s going to just add to your shininess.
Nars’ newest product, Nars Duo Palette in Orgasm/South Beach ($45), is the perfect combination of this company’s best selling peachy pink color Orgasm + a wonderful bronzer in South Beach. These two colors have been created into a creamy and easy blendable formula which you can apply together to create the perfect healthy glow.
Here’s a simple step by step on applying cream & gel blushes:
- Start with smooth skin :: Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate…before applying your makeup. If you’ve got blemished skin or bumpy skin, stick with powder formulas and skip this how to;-)
- Apply on clean skin or over your foundation with your fingers :: The best tool for this formula in my opinion. It gives you more control and the warmth of your fingers helps in soak in and distribute more evenly.
- Start off sparingly :: You can build on this product if you need to.
- Say cheese :: Smile big in your mirror and apply the product on the apple of your cheeks in a roundabout motion, heading towards your hairline, but don’t actually go all the way to the hairline! Way too 80’s if you take it that far.
- Blend Blend Blend :: This keeps away the streaks, so when you have blended enough, blend some more. And keep this formula on highest part of the cheekbones for the most natural look.
This $45 dollar price tag might sound like a lot for blush, but put it into perspective. You’re actually getting 2 blushes at around 22 bucks a piece, which is less than one Nars blush anyway! And with a cream formula, if used correctly, it will go a long way!! Youthful dewy cheeks are worth it;-)