Well it’s countdown time until my family and I head out of town for our annual beach trip to South Carolina! I am in DESPERATE need of a VACATION ladies and gentlemen. It cannot come soon enough.
The only thing I don’t enjoy about vacation, is the pre-packing and preparation in order to get out of town. It’s difficult enough to pack myself and all my products and clothing options (however, they are few and far between at 32 weeks pregnant), but I also have to pack two small children and ALL the STUFF that goes along with keeping them happy at the beach.
So since the whole packing idea has been a bit daunting, I’m going to go into fantasy land for a bit.
With all the new fantastic summer products out on the market right now, here is my list of the beach worthy products I WISH I had traveling with me next week:
1. Classic Ray Ban Aviators ($180). I know these have been a staple pair of sunglasses that most stylish people (like Miss Nicole Richie) have owned once in their lifetime, but I never have, and still wish for a pair. Think Tom Cruise in Top Gun- ultra cool. I will keep on wishing.
2. Bath & Body Works Deep Aqua Cooling Body Souffle ($12). This sounds like heaven on earth for dried out post beach skin. It’s an aloe based cream that is super light and has an instant cooling effect on the skin. This photo below is of me from last years beach trip and shows that I could’ve really used something like this on my lobster colored skin! Man does that look irresponsible of me.
3. Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment w/SPF 15 ($23). This stuff has been so hyped, I can’t believe I haven’t fallen into the trap and bought it yet. But I’m having to spend 2o bucks on swim diapers and water guns instead of lip balm. Priorities priorities. But if I had the extra dough, I’d be snatching this stuff up quickly. Its sugary-lemon scent, SPF included, and sheer shade of plum makes it the perfect lip look without trying too hard.
4. YSL Aquaresistant Mascara in color Blue Lagoon ($30). This bright turquoise waterproof mascara in the gold and glamorous tube seems like it would be a fun face addition while it protects the lashes against the sun, salt and chlorine. Since eyeshadow on the beach is kinda ridiculous, a bright flashy mascara would be just the touch of color I’d like to have.
5. Fekkai Marine Summer Hair Beach Waves Spray($23). This spray has sea kelp as an ingredient that helps hydrate and block moisture loss from hair while enjoying your beach time. It also is supposed to create that sexy, salty, beach-like tousled hair, which makes me think I will end up with hair like ESPN persona Erin Andrews. But that might be pushing it at just $23 a can!