The thought of wearing glitter on your eyes doesn’t have to conjure up images of Studio 54 and disco balls…
Left, Look 1: Glitter only on the lower lash line. Right, Look 2 : Glitter all around the eye!
It is possible to pull off wearing glitter/shimmer/metallic shadows in your everyday eye makeup routine without looking like you’re attending a raging disco party. It comes down to picking the right neutral shade and where you place it. I’m using this gorgeous golden brown color as an example…
These NYX shimmers come in all sorts of amazing shades. The shimmers are finely milled glittery bundles of eye joy! Walnut, chestnut, salmon, and nude are just a few of the super wearable colors you shouldn’t be scared of. Of course they offer your bright greens and turquoise, but if we are talking easy to pull off, lets stick in our neutral territory.
Here is a quick pictorial of 2 ways to wear this glitter.
1. Starting off with my normal matte shadows & liquid eye liner applied.
(I used this Too Faced Matte Collection, I seriously can’t get enough of it.)
2. I dip my thin fine tipped eyeliner brush in water, then place in the shimmery shadow I’ve rolled onto a kleenex. I then swipe it underneath my lower lash line.
3. You will have to play a little clean up on the under eye bed with a Qtip just to make sure you
only sparkle where you meant to!
4. Easy breezy glittery eye look #1 only on the lower lash line!
Onto look #2…
1. If you have a big eye bed like I do, you can apply this straight to your lid from the roller ball. If your lids are tiny and you’re worried of making a mess, roll some product onto a kleenex as shown in look #1, and dip an eyeshadow brush in it to apply to your lid. I did not apply the glitter on top of my eyeliner, I wanted to keep it matte, so I made sure to keep it only on the lid and not the lash line on top. Also only take the shimmer to your crease or slightly above, but leave a little of your brown bone exposed.
2. Use that same tiny tipped liner brush to add some of the sparkle along the inner tear duct area
for extra punch!
3. Finished product for look #2!
Glittery shadows can be a fun way to jazz up your look! Just start lightly and keep adding layers until you get the lustre you’re after!
(My lip color is Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in “Vivid Rose,” by the way:)
Do you get into the glittery eyes??
Follow along with me!
Click on my Subscriber Box on the RIGHT hand side of the blog
so you never miss a JSM moment!
You will get an email notification right when a new post goes up!